20 January 2014

TOBY Industry Choice Awards 2014....my dream came true


Has anyone of you ever had a dream that came true exactly the way you dreamed it? Well, one of my dreams was to win a Toby Industry Choice Award some day. 
This dream became true yesterday, only not in the exact way, but in a pretty weird way and looking back a pretty funny way too.
It was a normal Sunday like many others. I was sitting in my studio, filling a little knitted body. And there was a question buzzing in my head: 
" Don't ya wanna know if you won a Toby Award "?
" No, it can wait till Monday " followed by a " Yes, I think I wanna know "
 ....so I switced on my pc....
First I opened my mailbox......NOPE!!! No email! 
Over to Facebook....checking status updates.....
I saw Toby Winners passing by, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
So I had already accepted that I was not amoungst the winners.
But I kept on searching a bit longer until I found a list of winners on blogspot.
I was scrolling through this list: the category I signed up for was the lastest one.
And all of a sudden I saw my name!!! I had to look twice!!!
Squeezed my arm and look again...my name was on the list.
I yelled for my husband who was downstairs.
He thought something serious had happened to me.
I danced a happy dance!
My first entry ever......my first Award ever!
I just feels so good to see your work has beeing rewarded and to see that my dream became true.  I still recall the moment that I saw my name on the list....
Here are the official photo's of my vignette called:
"I give you a piece of childhood"
aka Sophie's Toys

 I would like to thank all jugdges. You make me feel honored and proud.
And many congratulations to all other artists who have won a Toby Award.
Click > HERE < to view the list of winners of a Toby Industy Awards of 2014. 

 For those who wanna see more, please visit Sophie's own webpage 
>> CLICK HERE <<



10 comments:

Inselprinzessin said...

Liebe Thea,
das ist ja WAHNSINN !!!! Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!!!
Du hast diesen tollen Preis für Dein Werk aber auf jeden Fall verdient.
Ich bin stolz, so eine kreative und erfolgreiche Freundin zu haben.
Alles, alles Liebe von Deiner Anja

lindsey said...

Very well done...so pleased for you.

Conni said...

Liebe Thea! Großartig! Ich freue mich mit dir über den tollen Preis!Deine Kreationen sind immer so schön und perfekt abgestimmt.
Liebe Grüße Conni

Julia said...

Красавица зайка!!

Joyce Mayer said...

She is precious, and congratulations, I am so excited for you. I am not surprised abut your ward, your work is amazing.

Big happy hugs......

Kays Kids said...

Hi Thea, your little Sophie is just beautiful in every detail. Your work is perfection... I voted for you.
I bet you were blown away when you saw your name. Congratulations.
HUgs Kay

Sabine/Dino-Bären said...

Na, das ist ja toll, ganz herzlichen Glückwunsch! Da hast du aber auch ganze Arbeit geleistet!

LG Sabine

Аня Волкова said...

Hello Thea!
My congratulations! Excellent work, so beautiful!
Many thanks for your post! Only because of this, I also learned that I`m in the list too.
Hugs, Anna

Wendy Chamberlain said...

Congratulations on a well deserved award.

Lady Lilith said...

Congratulations. It must have been a real honor to have won the Toby Award.