26 March 2013

Back from Wiesbaden (Germany)

Sometimes you need to break out especially when Mr. Winter isn't going to move one single bit to let Mrs. Spring in. I don't know how you feel, but I'm fed up with it.
A week ago I attented the international " TEDDY BÄR WELT " in Wiesbaden (Germany).
It's without a doubt one of the best teddy bear shows.
On Saturday the weather was fine (there was snow and sleet prodicted!) and there was a queue waiting for the doors to open. 
It was booming business as always...
 ....and lots to see....
...and lots to buy...
These magnificant little felted bears are made by Gabrielè from unPetitOurs.
Ian Pout from Teddy Bears of Witney showed his collection of well hugged bears.
I'm not sure what his name is, but I'm sure he is made by Forget-me-Not Bears.
Left: ???? I'm sorry don't know his name...  
Right: DULCIE
The original Dulcie was bought in 1994 by Janice, one of the shops staff members. Dulcie was a primitive and love-worn French teddy bear from circa 1910-20.
Janice chirstened her "Dulcie" and since then her new home is in Witney.
Sometimes you see surprising things like these cute cat pillows & scarf which are made by
 hihi...I ♥ these fluffy cuties.
And not only bears found new homes...also did these chocolates below!!!
Thank you Olga....they were super yummie!!!
I was very lucky that I didn't want to attend the show on Sunday.
When we opened our windows the world outside was covered with a white blanket.
Pfff....in this time of year it should at least be bit warmer & sunnier then this.
I've seen enough show this winter and I want some sunshine on my face.
But at least one member of our family enjoyed the hills covered in snow.
And that my fluffy friend Ymke....she just loves to ran up & down the hills to search for:
→ MICE ←
She can hear them underneath the snow and boy those mice were pretty lucky that she didn't catch any of them. She can snap them out of nowhere. 
But not this time....clever mice and poor dog...he he he.
We stayed the whole week in Germany: we fully reset our minds, our batteries are recharged!!!
So to Germany we say DANKESCHÖN and:
See ya in 2014.

5 comments:

Joyce Mayer said...

Oh that precious picture of Ymke sleeping....

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip but I bet you are glad to be home.

And remember, spring is just around the corner. Ha, you just have to figure out who's corner of the world.

Hugs

sharon's shabby creations said...

Hoi Thea,

Wat een gave beurs!!!! Lijkt me echt fantastisch om daar te zijn geweest zeg!!! En heb je mooie dingetjes gekocht?

Ik wens je fijne paasdagen!!

Veel liefs Sharon

Kays Kids said...

Hi Thea, How I would love to go to that show one day. If only plane tickets were cheaper.
I love the expression on your dogs face.
Hugs

Sandi said...

Please to see you enjoyed the show Thea. Sorry it's so cold in your neck of the woods. After our nine consecutive days of hot weather it's back to rain and a wind that is blowing a gale today...I'm sorry to see summer come to an end. Still you have some sunshine heading your way soon.
Take care and keep on creating your wonders.
Hugs,
Sandi

Inga said...

Very good kids - darlings are charming! ! ! It is sure at you the remarkable clothes for them will turn out! ! ! In Russian I zykepravilno to write: Христос воскрес!!!
Sincerely yours, Inga.