Feb 28, 2013

It's showtime - Handwerkbeurs Zwolle 2013

Time flies when you're busy as a bee....
has been 2 weeks ago.
I attended this exhibition and it's absolutely one of the best exhibtions when you love to craft!
With over 160 exhibitioners, it's a great place to inspire yourself and pamper yourself too.
I'm very lucky that I live pretty close to Zwolle, it's the capital of our province, so for once I didn't need to ge up early...and I got a free ticket too...hip hip hooray!
Because the last couple of previous editions were literally bursting with visitors, this year the show was held in four days instead of 3.
But it seems that everyone decided: "I want to be there on the first day "....so the entrance hall was booming with lotsa other ladies waiting to get......
It was great to be there. This is an exhibiton where you can find anything that is relation to crafting: knitting, crocheting, sewing weather by hand or machine, cross stitch designs, lots of embroidery supplies, wool & woolfelt, yarns & threads in all kinds, funny buttons, vintage buttons, fine french laces, silk, quilting, anything neelde work etc. etc. etc.
You name it, they've got it!

One stand I love to stroll around is from Bart & Francis of Belgium: 
 Their speciality: a beautiful range of all kinds of threads and beautiful pieces of silk.
  
Just dig in the huge heap of silk fabrics, it's sold by weight.
Believe me it's great to be in a "mountain full of silk ", it is so inspiring!!!
 There are lots of workshop to follow and demo's to see.
The lady who show this was away and I hope she didn't mind that I took a photo of her fabulous lace work. I've always wanted to follow a class to learn how to deal with it.
The red piece of cloth below is a typical Dutch farmers hankerchief,
it's large enough to snivel & snot in....he he he.
One of the stands that I absolutely love to visit is called 't Gaerenhuys of Gent (Ghent) Belgium.
The lovely ladies offer a lot of cross stitch patterns, kits and fabrics.
I bought two cross stitch designs:
I love this simple one color cross stitch design with the pearl buttons. 
This is the other one that I couldn't resist buying.
I love the old tans & pinks and it's theme really suits me. It refers to me and my work.
Both embroidery designs are from: Des histoire à broder
The other stand which that I love to visit is Broderie Au Fil du Temps from Strasbourg - France.
They sell all kinds of cross stitch embroidery patterns, books, burlap etc.
I fell in love with this little heart and there are three designs in this set.
They are cross stitch patterns of Nenne Design (Holland) who is usual exhibiting, 
but not this year. 
So I was happy to buy one of their designs at Au Fil du Temps.
Oh my....I guess I will be busy too when not working on bears....
It's enough for one years work and to pamper/update my house.
 Of course this very loooooooooongggg fellow is Pinocchio.
He's fabulous isn't he.
It's a kit from the well know Tilda - Norway.
I find Tilda always very inspiring and I love their fabrics. 
They are so colorful, it really makes you happy when you look at it.
Apart from my cross stitch kits and patterns I bought some pieces of fabric.
Jookies has always beautiful flat quarter pieces and she is one of my favorites, I love her stand.
I bought some pieces and I will use them for my next piece.
As you can see:
And although it's cold outside, I know that spring is coming.....YEAH!!!


5 comments:

Ik ben Esther said...

Ah geweldig je hebt foto's gemaakt van de beurs in Zwolle!!! Ik had zelf willen gaan maar met een ziek kind thuis lukte het helaas weer niet dit jaar...:O(
Maar door jou foto's kon ik nou toch een beetje meegenieten,dank je wel!!
Oeoe wat een mooie spulletjes heb je gekocht,ben heel erg benieuwd wat je weer voor prachtigs gaat maken ervan!!
Ik hoop gewoon op volgend jaar voor de beurs in Zwolle...Ik woon nu ook dichterbij en ooit moet het toch eens lukken toch?
Liefs Esther

Kays Kids said...

Hi Thea, We have those craft shows as well and like in Holland the first day is always the the most popular.
I'm sure you would have stocked up.
Hugs

Sandi said...

Hi Thea!
This sounds like my kinda show...all that lovely fabric, it's to die for. Love the feel of silk but the pretties in the last shot are right up my alley...adorable pretties indeed!!!

Glad to see your weather is warming up at last and you can now come out of hiBEARnation.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

Wateringen said...

Lieve Thea,

Wat een heerlijke beurs lijkt me dat zeg!
Die borduurwerkjes en stoffen...wat
zul je toch je ogen hebben uitgekeken...
Ja ik ben natuurlijk heel erg benieuwd
wat je met je nieuwe spulletjes gaat maken.
Maar dat wel wel weer prachtig worden,
net als jouw schattige beestjes.

Liefs,
Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

sharon's shabby creations said...

Hoi Thea,

Wat een gave beurs zeg!! En wat heb je weer geweldige spulletjes gekocht!!
Kijk alweer uit naar je nieuwe creatie!!

Veel liefs Sharon