30 November 2012

Where on earth have you been....?


It has been a while since my last blog post.
Since my previous post I have been working on several projects at the same time.
It made me feel like a creative centipede!!!
The most important thing of 'em all is that I designed and stitched a new furry friend.
It's peeping into the world with big black eyes full of wonder and I already love her so much.
" How wonderful life is, now you're in the world "

It's not just the only time it happened to me,
it almost happens very time when I'm working on a new piece.
Therefore I love, love, love the beautiful Greek myth of:
" PYGMALION & GALATEA "
(what is the last name he he he)
 It's such a beautiful myth. Except that there will be one fact that I have to accept: my wish will not come true, my "statue" will not come to life like Galatea.
So I guess I will have to deal with it..

Right now I'm working on the "finishing touches" (ahum, major finishing touches i.m.h.o.) of my new piece.
As usual my brain is racing like a rollercoaster. You may think: "Oh wow that's fabulous".
Well it is, but not always, because it's also racing when I'm supposed to sleep!!!
I can wake up in the middle of the night and than it goes like: VROOOMMMMMM....
Sometimes I'm at my wits end of my own ideas (& head) pfff.

Yesterday was spend on the new outfit.
The scraps of paper on the right, led to new designs on the left.
No, no, there is a lot more...these are not the only pattern pieces :o)
Now I'm crossing my fingers at how the results will turn out.
One first attempt led to a new design as it was too short and I'm using another technique too.
Learning from your own 'mis-chieves&-takes'  is still one of the best ways: learning by doing!!!

Next project: make a present for my mother's birthday coming up on December 12th.
She will turn 82 this year and so she deserves a very special gift, bearcause I love her so much.
 

Next: I designed & made the X-mas cards for this year.
Usually I'm running out of time and need to make them the last minute or so.
So I decided to start early: designed new digi-stamps, cutting paper & images, tons of photoshopping: learned new ways to print square envelopes, square double sided cards...again several mischieves...tralalalalala...stay calm, don't get nervous....and move on...
Et VOILÀ, they are ready for take off and I must admit that I feel relieved....phew!
Mission accomplished. Hip hip Hooray, congratulations, you've done it Thea!!! No worries anymore.

But there is still a lot more on my TO-DO-LIST.
December is a very busy month, but I just love it.
All those pretty Christmas decorations & house make-overs, X-mas shows, house-make-overs, oh and not to forget: my own birthday coming up as a late runner  :o)
Tomorrow I will start with the first deco's: the bay window and fireplace mantle.
Our BIG Christmas tree is scheduled for next week.


I'm already dreaming away with the "almost" wonderful time of the year. It is my 2nd most wonderful time of the year as I my number one favorite is: Spring & Summer.
So December feels "literally" like a BIG BONUS, just to break the winter time.

So weekend is now ahead of us and I will have:
 

I wish you all a very happy weekend.
Have a fabulous holiday season and countdown to Christmas to the Dutch I say:
" Wie zoet is krijgt lekkers..........het is bijna 5 December en ik geloof er nog heilig in! "
And above all: best of luck with all your Christmas preparations.

 

Whoops, almost forgot to tell you, what to think of my new blog background & header?
Smells like teen spirit for Christmas, yeah!

 

7 comments:

Leny said...

Wow ,Happy Busy Post!!!

Love your blog and like you I love love Christmas..

Happy Weekend,one of these days I most have one of your creations....

Happy Weekend Thea! xxx

The Bear's Blog said...

Hello, my friend;

You sound very busy and very excited about all the new designs swimming in your thoughts.

Can't wait to see the newest little girl.

Happy Weekend.

Hugs

Rosabears said...

Oh zo herkenbaar. (kijk maar op mijn blog).
Leuke plaatjes heb je bij je post gezocht.
Fijn weekend.
Marja

Kays Kids said...

Milly, I think your new header is great. Sounds like your mind is working overtime.
Hugs
Kay

heibeni-bären said...

Hi,
I love your new blog background and I'm very surprise about your new creations :)
wish you a nice weekend, too.
many best regards from
nicole

The Bear's Blog said...

Love your new look, and Happy Birthday in advance. Don't forget to get some rest, you don't want to get sick.

Have fun getting all your decorations up, I hope you will post some pictures.

Merry Thursday.

Sandi said...

It's been a little while Thea, but that's what happens with busy people. Hope your mum had a wonderful birthday and in case it's just as long before my next visit...I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas!
Hugs,
Sandi