30 October 2012

It's SHOW-time...!!!


When leaves start to fall and the temperatures drop to unpleasant levels and when you start to feel depressed, there's always a look on the bright sight of live:
October is a month to visit great teddy bear & doll shows, fairs, exhibitions, 
whatever you may call them.
I'm always looking forward for this month.

First of all: October 13 - Euro Teddy in Essen - Germany.
My mum lives pretty close to the border of Germany, so usually I stay over for one nigth to get up early the next day and drive to Essen. 
My mum (who's turning 82! in December) is also a huge teddy fan and she was going with me.
We arrived early, but apparantly there are were much more early birds wainting to get in.

Above a lovely steampunk badger and below beautiful steampunk bear by


Last weekend, on the 27th of October both my mum and I went to the International Doll & Teddy Bear Fair in Den Bosch - Netherlands. It is well known as the worlds largest show.
It's a great event we both look forward too (for almost a whole year he he he).
Here are a few picturers:
 One of the Cupcakebears by Jaqueline Hoogers. She's a newbie on the teddy bear scene.

 Lovely vintage toys. I set my eyes on a little pram for a while and I was hoping to find one.
Which I did.....
 
......buuuuttttt I didn't buy one as the prices were too high i.m.h.o.!!!

 If you want to know how to distress your vintage bear with worn and much hugged spots, 
then please take a look a the ones above.

 Very beautiful bears by Susanne Täuber - Die aus dem Koffer
She was exhibiting for the very frist time in the Netherlands.

 Now what can I say about the stand of Marijke van Ooijen...?
Me and many other's were just gazing and drooling over her beautiful work.

 If you want to see more of her fabulous work then visit her lovely blog:
I'm sure you will love it.

 And last but not least, on Sunday, while driving over the A50 highway on my way home, 
I decided to make a stop.
Because I knew that there was an international 
Dolls Houses and Miniature Show in Apeldoorn - Netherlands.
It was fabulous as well. I'm always amazed at what artists can make on a 1:12 of 1:44 scale.
 I do not know which artists made Pinocchio & Humpty Dumpty, but they both did a great job.
Goodness me, he looks so realistic, it's hard to believe he's only a few inches tall.

And now were back home, still enjoying these fabulous days, were I meet and great a lot of fellow teddy bear artists. 
I came home with some lovely supplies from the past which I want to use for my creations.
It always feels like finding great treasures.

Now I'm working in my studio...my newest piece is completed and I did the photoshoot.
I hope it will appear on my website very soon.
Buuuuuutttt:
I'm feelin'a bit snotty (a half of Holland is sneezing & snotting)!!!
and my to-do-list for this week is fully booked.
Hopefully the snotty-part won't evolve into a real flu and my to-do schedule has some hole's to work on my website. Fingers crossed....

Here is a sneek peak for you to warm up:
I wish you all a very nice week!

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wat leuk dat ik je heb mogen ontmoeten op de poppen en berenbeurs in Den Bosch..!

Het was een leuk gespekje dat we hadden, en nu herken ik je pas ook nu ik op je prachtige blog kijk, hihi!! Ben namelijk al even volger..vindt jou creaties erg mooi!!

Lief dat je een fotootje geplaatst hebt op je blog van mijn beertje!!

Wens je nog een fijne avond toe!

Lieve groetjes,
Jacqueline

Rosabears said...

Wat was het leuk hé ?
Nog heel veel dank voor het vrijkaartje.
Groetjes,
Marja

M. ALLISON said...

Woooow !! what beautiful pictures !!! thanks for sharing !!
I'm now, a proud member of your blog, because I love absolutely all your work !! your bears, rabbits and others .....
And i would like that you become a member of my blog too.
http://lachaumieredesours.blogspot.fr
hanks Thé, have a lovely week-end !!
Muriel

Sandi said...

Look like wonderful expos Thea, would love to have been there with you.
Hope your snotty's get better soon so you can concentrate on more creations.
Hugs,
Sandi