19 July 2012

* NEW BEAR ON THE BLO(ck)G *


 I'm very pleased to introduce a new design!
I always love to challenge myself and believe me, 
this miniature teddy bear with a vintage shabby look was quite a challenge!
But I think he turned out so well, he's such a lovely little chap.


Willow is a traditional style teddy and he is hand stitched.
His size: only 7 cm - 2.75 inches, so far my smallest size ever.

The inspiration for this piece came from my childhood.
Who doesn't remember those lazy, hazy days of summer...when you could play endlessly.
 You just loved everything you do, not minding one single bit about time and place.
Sweet childish days, that were as long as twenty days are now...
 
Just to show you how small Willow is, he holds a 20 euro cent coin.

 The ribbons are now permanently tied.
Important info for the new owner: please never open them again....!!!
You will not be able to tie them up again :o) the long ends have been cut off!!!

Willow has a lovely 3-wheel bike.
+ a pinspinner and a kite, what more do you need for a perfect ride outside...


 

Wanna see more...? Please visit Willow's personal page on the website:
* CLICK HERE *


 Willow is adopted - huge thanks!

 Enjoy your summer and maybe you will also remember those lazy, hazy days of Summer
where we could play endlessly with our kites, 

I remember those days staying with my grandparents when my little niece and I were playing
with the kites that my uncle made for us. 
We lay in the meadows staring at our kites and the blue skies wondering if there were Mars Men.
 

" There is a garden in every childhood, 
an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer,
and the morning more fragrant then ever again." 
- Elizabeth Lawrence -
 

8 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Such a precious wee one.

Hugs

sharon's shabby creations said...

Hoi Thea,

Wat is je beertje weer prachtig!!
Je vormgeving en decoratie is geweldig op elkaar afgestemd. Ook je nieuwe design is echt super!!
Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe patroon!!

Groetjes Sharon

Megan Chamberlain said...

Willow is adorable, I love his collar and bike and his box is so cute.

Megan Chamberlain said...

Willow is adorable, I love his collar, bike and his precious box.

Kays Kids said...

He is the sweetest little chap. I love him and his kite.
Hugs

Sandi said...

He's a delightful little bear Thea. I do sometimes wonder whether the idea for bear comes first or whether it's the props that inspire you to make the bear? Whichever it is, I love the final results of all your creations.
Hugs,
Sandi

heibeni-bären said...

Oooh Thea,
he is soooo sweet :) and soo smal :)
many rgds
nicole

zarina-bears said...

Dear Thea! Willow, a great bear, I was fascinated and in love with this little fidget fun :) It's great to ride a tricycle when the warm summer breeze blowing in your face and you inhale the scent of wild flowers ...