11 May 2012

A Bear Treasure & A Studio Update

A while ago I've been visiting a mega indoor flea market in our region called:
"de Twentse Vlooienmarkt"
It's very famous and attracts thousands of visitors. Strolling along 900 stands is a piece of cake!
I didn't buy very much that day, 
but while drooling over the market I found a very special treasure: 

It's the most beautiful and adorable silver teddy bear baby rattle I've ever seen.
In fact, I never saw one before.
Love at once, made a good deal and in no time I was the proud new owner.
I often wonder: where does this rattle come from, who give it away and especially why?
To me it is obvious: this must have been a precious gift for a newborn little baby.

 I displayed it on a shelf with other teddy bear treasures. 
I just love it and will keep forever.

Studio Update:
The Milly Me puppy is coming.....
I can hear ya thinking: "Is this the only studio progress of last week...?"
LOL...no it's not.
The puppy is almost completed and he's sitting in my studio, looking into the world.
It's always a kind of miracle how a piece of fur can come alive!
He also got a name, which will be unveiled when he appears on the website.
Right now I'm working on his accessoiries, which are also nearly ready.
Today I want to do the last bits and pieces.One accessory piece landed in the trash bin!!!
I came up with a new idea, but the idea was easier and its design a lot harder.
I hope that it will turn out the way I want it to be.
I promise I will do my best....!

Remember the Spring Delights from my previous post....well they are now radically changed into:
!!!...SPRING DISLIKES...!!!
Boy oh boy it's raining for days, the temperature is fine though and it's very humid.
In fact I love this kind of weather, but prefer lesser rain than this.
This is the view when I look outside the window while typing this text.
Beautiful, isn't it?

Well I look at it at the bright sight, the sun will definitely come back.
The rain is good for my the plants which I just planted in my garden.
And:
the weather is nice to sit inside working on my little puppy without feeling guilty,
because I want to be outside sitting in that lovely sunshine,
while knowing I really need to work on the new piece.
Phew...what a relief.... (but I still prefer the sunshine)

6 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Puppy head is precious. Oh, I will send you a hug and some sunshine (well, the hug is easy but that bottle of sunbeams - I'm working on it). Giggle.

Hugs, Happy Weekend ♥
"The sun will come out tomorrow,...."

Milly Me® Teddy Bears said...

Thank you soooo much, let those sunbeams rollin'. The more the better!!!
Happy weekend to you too ♥

btw:the song got into my head for some reason...hihi

Sandi said...

Great find Thea ... I think it's a teething ring rattle. Puppy is lookin' good, can't wait to see him finished, he'll be a heartbreaker for sure. Sorry about the rain and wish I had some sunshine to send you, but it hasn't been shining much downunder.
Have a great weekend, don't work too hard!

Mäsywi-Bären said...

oh puppy is wonderful, i like it very much

SimaBears said...

Liebe Thea,
das Hundeköpfchen sieht schon soooo süß aus mit den großen unschuldigen Kulleraugen. So liebe ich den Blick.
Bin schon ganz gespannt auf die Vollendung.

Liebe Grüße und hoffentlich bald Sonnenschein pur.
Simone

SimaBears said...

Liebe Thea,

das Hundeköpfchen sieht sooo süß aus. Einen Blick, wie ich ihn sehr liebe !
Bin schon ganz gespannt auf die Vollendung.
Wünsche Dir alles Liebe und Sonnenschein.
Simone