05 April 2012

She's coming.........

..........very soon.......my newest creation..........
I finished her a while ago, and as she turned out so wonderful, 
I could not let her go any sooner.
Therefore she stayed a bit longer in my house, just to give myself a bit more time to enjoy her.
Right now she has a prominent spot on my mantle piece.

Here are a few sneak peaks: 
This is the "rough" bunny head without any "make-up
I'm always amazed at how new pieces will turn out. 
What I mean is: the design you created on paper, should come out it 3D.
And your really don't know it's final result.
It's a surprise for me too.
I'm always a bit anxious, but I can tell ya, she turned out fabulous.
I usually have some points of critisism and things that I wanna change.
But not this time, it was one lucky shot: a perfect design at once!

And here is my littly sweetie with a little bit of make up. 
 ...she was sittin' just like this while I was stuffing her, looking a little bit droopy....
Oh you poor thing...have no ears yet.
It's hard to believe it's the same bunny from the piccy's above, when you look at her face.
But I wanted to show you how you can transform the faces. 
I'm amazed myself every time over and over again.

Since my childhood I am fond of rabbits and hares.
My grandma had many and I spent much time with them.
Maybe that's the reason why I love designing them.
A while ago I found this video on YouTube:



Enjoy your Easter preparations!

....my lil' sweetie will come soon....

13 comments:

nelli_sazonova said...

Oh, what a defenseless bunny with no ears! so touching

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Thea,

Bunny's (all animals) are so precious. Can't wait to see your new creation.

Happy Easter.

Kays Kids said...

Thea, that bunny is just heart melting. You have done a great job.
Enjoy your Easter time as well.
Hugs

Milly Me® Teddy Bears said...

Hi Kay,
Just wait till you'll see her in her full glory...I bet you'll completely melt away :o)
Big bunny hugssss, Thea x

Milly Me® Teddy Bears said...

Thank you! I will send you some patience dust........

Milly Me® Teddy Bears said...

Thank you Nelli ♥

Sandi said...

Thea, your bunny is delightful, I love the way she is taking shape. I agree a little makeup never goes astray (did you use her tail as a powder puff? LOL!)

It's nice that we are both bunny mad, maybe your bunny and my bunny could get together and make more bunnies. Tee Hee!

Have a wonderful Easter my friend...I'm off to bed now.
Hugs,
XXX

Mäsywi-Bären said...

oh the bunny ist so sweet, i love bunnies. Thank you for the beautiful pictures

Megan Chamberlain said...

Your bunny has an adorable face, she looks so precious sitting on your hand, she almost doesn't even need her ears. Can't wait to see her finished.

SimaBears said...

Liebe Thea,

dein Häschen ist so schön! Ich liebe diese Art sehr ♥♥♥

Ein schönes Osterfest.
Liebe Grüße Simone

Leny said...

Love your Bunny's,very curious to see her....

Happy Easter!

Hugs!!!

Wendy Chamberlain said...

Your little bunny is exquisite, a most beautiful child. Cannot wait to see her when she is all complete....

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Lieve, lieve Thea,

Meisje je beesie heeft mijn hartje nu al gestolen...
Wat heb je toch een tover vingers om zoiets moois te kunnen scheppen!

Maar Thea ik heb een verrassing voor je op mijn blog..kom je even kijken meis?

Voor nu wens ik je liefs en een heerlijke Paasdagen...

Marijke