09 March 2012

These shoes are made for......

...and then you probably say:
WALKING

But you are so wrong.They were once meant for walking, now for nostalgic memories. 
The tiny little shoes below are real childhood treasures.
 
 As these little booties belong my brother and me.
Look how cute: red, white and blue, the colors of the Dutch flag.
I wanted to do something with them and got the following idea:
why not take pictures and frame them.
No sooner said than done, tadaaaa....... here are the framed pictures:
 
My brothers red shoes form 1972 or '73...
(...yeah yeah I'll return them to ya.....I swiped them from my mum's house...)
 ...my precious white ones from 1966, I think they are pretty prudish/coquettisch looking...
 
...and my favorite blue shoes. I think they are from 1967.
 
 And now they hang in the hall downstairs between two doors, so I cannot miss them
and will look at them every day
(the only iTsy-BiTsy-TeeNy-WeeNy disadvantage: each passage makes me feel old....pffff....)

And the real baby shoes will be displayed in my living room on a special treasure shelf.
THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT FOR SALE!!!

PS: need to be waxed first.....ggg

Studio update:
  • finished the 'lil' bunny and her photo shoot
  • created a new design
  • made a few website updates and new index page (not online yet...)
  • working on other craft projects (apart from the shoes above )
 And I'm not only working in my studio these days.

Spring is coming (this spring bug is more intense than ever...LOL)
and there is much work outside waiting for my hands.
It's my favorite time of the year and I love to be outside after these long winter months.
And I'm not the only one who's jolly happy.
At the moment I feel like a bit like Jolly Jumper below.....
Spring has -  in my case -  a double meaning as the word SPRING means in Dutch JUMP.
Fabulous wonders of language....no further explanation required.


6 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Thea,

My goodness, you have been so busy - looks like the spring busy bug got hold of you.

The baby shoes are precious, and what a fantastic idea, I love the scuffed toes on the red shoes. What treasures from childhood.

Have a wonderful weekend....

Hugs

Milly Me® Teddy Bears said...

Yep.....I the SPRING BUG caught me so damn well this year ♥ Wish you a wonderful weekend too....
Hugs, Thea xxxx

Blythe Ghost said...

Hi Thea,
Those shoes are just gorgeous and their photos look wonderful framed . . . what a clever little bunny you are. :-)
You sure have been busy creating, I'm really hanging out to see your new bunny.
Enjoy your garden and thanks for the email.
Hugs,
XXX

Kays Kids said...

Hi Thea,
Your shoes are precious treasures. What a marvellous idea to photograph them. Now they are framed you will constantly think of those times.
Hugs
Kay

Wateringen said...

Hay lieve Thea,

Meis wat een tof idee om die snoezige oude schoentjes in te lijsten,
en wat staat dat schattig!
Wat heb je toch altijd een bijzondere ideetjes, heerlijk om hier te komen.

En wat heerlijk de LENTE...ik ben er helemaal klaar voor...kom maar licht, kleur en zon..

Schatteke ik wens je een heerlijke dag,

Marijke

SimaBears said...

Es ist wundervoll seine Schuhe noch aus Kindertagen zu besitzen! Das hat einen großen Wert für Dich. Die Idee mit den Bildern, fantastisch!!! Super schön umgesetzt!
Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes Wochenende.
Liebe Grüße Simone