24 March 2012

Ted World Wide Show - Wiesbaden (Germany)


It has been a wonderful week...a week that went by too fast in my opinion.
I went to Germany where I attented ( as a visitor) the Ted World Wide Show 
on Saturday the 17th of March.
As usual a great show. For teddy bear fans it's a real mecca.
Three large halls with approx. 275 exhibitors showing us their bears, other furry plush friends,
and much teddy supplies of course.
It's a great place to meet and greet the teddy junkies coming from all over the world.

When I arrived there was already a cue waiting to go in...

I did not take many pictures, but here are a few snaps:
This beautiful pig was available at the stand of Honey Pot - Prague
They sell works of several teddy bear designers.
A tiny cutie pie by Heike Buchner of Sunshine-Teddy's

 Above and below beautiful creations from Bianca Unseld of BiBaButzebär

A beautiful sterling silver bowl with bears from the Dolls House Museum of Basle.

Above and below beautiful cats created by Diana Seifert of Bel Ami Bears
 Apart from internet, I never saw her work at a show.
These creations are absolutely stunning pieces of art work.
She told me that it is a time-consuming process to create them.
No need to explain why...
...end of show...

I stayed in Germany for the rest of the week. The weather was simply too beautiful
and the Rheingau-Taunus area is a perfect area for long distance walks.
So both my husband and I and our dog enjoyed the rest of the week very much
by spending our time outside.

And it's of course needless to say that I love to visit this show.
The day passed by much too fast.
But beautiful memories and inspirations remain in my mind.

Special Note: For teddy junkies that never get enough of bears, there is another show coming up:
TEDDY BÄR TOTAL in Münster - Germany on the 14th and 15 of April 2012.
By origin it was the international teddy bear meeting of all international teddy bear meetings.
It was originally located in Hennef, moved to Münster,
than for a few years in Rheda-Wiedenbrück. And now they are back in Münster, which a lot of exhibitors and collectors very much appreciate.
Me included, bearcause I'm such a lucky person not living too far away from Münster city.
 So I bookmarked an up&down daytrip by car in my agenda.
Meanwhile I'll save some pennies....or maybe I should switch on my money-print-machine

Have a happy weekend!!!

8 comments:

DBears said...

Vielen Dank für die wirklich wundervollen Bildern aus Wiesbaden. Da ich nicht daran teilnehmen konnte bekomme ich doch einen Eindruck von der Messe. Wünsche ein schönes sonniges Wochenende und weiter so , bin gern hier auf deinem Blog und bewundere deine Kreationen.
-- Dirk --

Mäsywi-Bären said...

wonderful, and the cats are so pretty, i love the cats

thank you for the pictures

love greats from sylvia

Wendy Chamberlain said...

Thea
Sounds like you had a great time in Germany. Have not taken part in the Wiesbaden show for many years and would love to visit again. Thanks for sharing all the pics, some wonderful bears. Please can I borrow your money-print-machine?

Kays Kids said...

THANK YOU!!!! I drooled over those pictures for ages. Every one a master piece. Those cats are something else. Wonderful. I loved the school class room as well. I don't know why I have singled out these because every one was a master piece.
Hugs and thanks again.
Kay

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Thea,

Thank you for the bee-u-tee-ful photo tour. We loved seeing all those amazing creations.

Happy to hear that you had a lovely mini vacation and that you took your puppy too.

Hugs, Happy Weekend.
Prudence

SimaBears said...

Was für schöne Bilder... Vielen Dank!

Liebe Grüße Simone

Astridbears said...

Good morning Thea,
thank you for the wonderful photos with excellent bears and cats from Wiesbaden.
have a great day with lot´s of sunshine
lieve groetjes
Astrid

Sandi said...

Thanks for sharing all those lovely bears Thea, wish I could have been there!
Hugs,
XXX