12 January 2012

Voilà: My First Design of 2012

...In a Vintage Whimsical Circus Clown Style...
Miou Miou is the first one of my " NEW BREED DESIGN " 
and I am so thrilled at how wonderful & sweet this piece turned out.


 Miou Miou is an Itty-Bitty-Size wich means she is small enough to fit in your hand
too which makes her so adorable.

  
Miou Miou's wears a sweet little pinaforce I made from a soft pink rayon fabric and then aged.
The pinaforce is trimmed with hand tinted fine French cotton lace & a rayon ribbon bow
which I dyed and distressed.

Miou Miou travels to her new home sitting on her own "cute little wagon".
I covered it with an old pink fabric which I distressed for a vintage look.
It is trimmed with a cream ribbon with black scalloped edges and a small
silk ribbon woven through cotton lace.
I applied my specially developed "color-&-painting" technique on the box.
Then aged to look like an old box.
I applied little black dots for the finishing touch.

If you cannot find the wheels you want, you simply have to make them yourself.
I must admit - despite several mistakes - I love the way they turned out...!!!
While cutting them I was thinking of old times when I used to help my dad in the garage.
In his spare time he made furniture and I was his " little-big-daddies-helper-(wo)man "!!! 
Ergo: I think I'm well experienced...

Et voilà: the final result, beautiful little wagon with a bunch of hand painted flowers on the front and the cord with the vintage wooden bead as charming finishing touches.

If you would like to view her full information and to see much more full size photographs, please visit my website: www.milly-me.nl

Miou Miou is already adopted and right now she is on her way 
to the land of Uncle Sam where she found a new home. 
A warm place where they love plush friends.
So I wave goodbye to her….

♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥

9 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Good Morning,

What an adorable, sweet, precious Kitty. We LOVE her.

Happy Weekend, sweet friend.

Hugs

Wendy Chamberlain said...

I love Miou Miou! I love kitties (I own three) and your little creation is just wonderful!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Miou Miou is so cute!! I think she is just precious!

Her little wagon is wonderful.

Hugs
Iris

Leny said...

Miouwwww, She is gorgeous!!!!

Hugs xxx

Jolanda said...

Hoi Thea,echt prachtig,wat ben je toch een kunstenaar,wat is ze mooi geworden! Liefs Jolanda.

Ellen Borggreve said...

Miou Miou is helemaal geweldig Thea! What's next? Een aapje misschien :P ? Groetjes, Ellen

Wateringen said...

Goedemorgen lieve Thea,

Meis dit is een stukje vakwerk hoor.
Dit poezenbeestje is werkelijk beeldschoon...heerlijk zoals je alle zo verfijnd weet te maken.
En de foto's van Miou zijn super!

Dag lieve meis, ik wens je een mooie dag!

Liefs,
MarijkeXXXXX

maddyrose said...

What a delightful little fur baby Miou Miou is. We love everything about her.

teddy bears Marin to Venice said...

Adoro i gatti e vederne uno di così bello è stato molto piacevole !
sei molto brava !

Rosarita