24 December 2011

A very Merry Christmas to all of you

At last....tonight it is Christmas Eve.
Another year has passed us by. A year with highs and lows.
But the year 2011 had a theme: I'VE BEEN BUSIER THAN EVER BEFORE.
At least that is how I experienced this year.

First I want to thank everyone who has become a follower of my blog.
I thank you all for all your comments. I very much appreciate that.
 " It is by chance we met . . .
By choice you became blog followers "
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  You are very special and I love each one of you  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Here is my wish:
 
This is also the wish of Mr. BOOMY my very special teddy bear.
 
Boomy is very special to me, because he is one of my first teddy bears. I lost the first one.
I guess I hugged that one to much, it only remains in pictures when I was a little girl.
Boomy is from the 1950's, probably 1951-1952. 
My father won this bear at a fair, shortly after he came home from the war in Indonesia. 
He gave Boomy to his newborn niece.
When she got older Boomy moved to another niece in the family. 
And from there he moved a couple of times from one family to another.
He came into my life when I was a toddler.
I played with him endlessly and he stayed with me ever since.
Nowadays he is the keeper of the house
for he now sits on the stairs in the hall and sees everyone going in and going out
and most of all running by......ggg.
He is made off sparse mohair, stuffed with wood wool and 5-way jointed.
Don't know anything of his creator.
He has had some accidents, as his eyes, nose and mouth are not original.
My mum restored him a little bit and I still don't know what to do with him.
Restore him into the bear he once was or.....
leave him as the the teddy bear that I remember from my childhood. 
And because that memory is so special to me I decided to leave him as he is...
The picture below was taken by my father and here you can see me with Mr. BOOMY
on my 3-wheel bike. Isn't it fabulous...!!! We're quite a team...!!!

Well, I will finish this blogpost by saying that: 
 I truely hope that your Christmas days will be merry and bright, warm and cosy
and surrounded by those who are most dear to us.
And I look forward to keeping in touch with you in 2012!!!
Big bearhugs and kisses from me and Mr. Boomy to each and everyone of you.

♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥

5 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Mr. Boomy, I am so, so pleased to meet you. You look a very handsome bear like me!!!!! You have got a very special history, all the way back to the war. That makes you older than me. Merry Christmas Mr. Boomy.
Hugs
Wilbur.
Thea, that was truly a wonderful post. Leave Mr. Boomy just as he is. He is wonderful.
Merry Christmas.
Hugs
Granny

The Bear's Blog said...

Merry Christmas

Hugs

Sandy (miss Potter) said...

Hi Milly, congratulations your creations, are adorable, your blog is pure magic, a fairy world, wonderful! Happy holidays Cassandra

Wateringen said...

Lieve Thea,

Wa teen schattige foto van jou op je fietsje met Boomy!
Geweldig dat je zulke schattig foto's hebt van jezelf...en dat krullenkopje is zo lief!!!

Meisie ik wens je liefs,
Marijke

Jolanda said...

Hoi Thea,wat heb je toch een mooi blog,je foto's staan er zo mooi op!(kan ik nog veel van leren,hihi)ik wens jullie voor 2012 alle goeds en wij spreken gauw een keertje af,ik moet toch een keertje je keuken komen bekijken!Ben zo benieuwd! Liefs Jolanda.