03 November 2011

HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR LACE AND RIBBON STASH..!!!

Are you also having severe problems to find a particular lace or ribbon...???
WELL I DO
I am a lace and ribbon junkie for many many years.
My motto is: YOU NEVER HAVE ENOUGH LACE AND RIBBONS...!!!
So I decided to sort them all out to provent me from:
" S**T-where-is-that-particular-ribbon-which-I-definitely-need-right-now-*&#(#)*&%$*@$ :o( !! "
... I started to cut thick carboard cards...
...and then the real work began: RIBBON AND LACE WINDING...



 It took a long time, believe me or not, it really took a few days. It seemed there was no end.
But everything comes to an end and so I finished the job.
Now my boxes are filled with fine french and english lace and all kinds of ribbon.
ggg...its only a small part of the collection :o)

AND TADAAAAAAA...THE FINAL RESULT >>>
A large tower of boxes bursting with lace and ribbon
...when will they EXPLODE..!!! :o)
The total length: approx 132 cm - 52 inches - 1.45 yards

My questions for you: 
* Are you familiar with this problem..?
* How do you keep your ribbons..?
* So am I the only nutter who collect this much..? (which I can't believe...LOL)  

I am really looking forward to hear from how you deal with it.

8 comments:

Rosabears said...

Heel herkenbaar!!! Ik ben toevallig vorige week ook begonnen met het op karton rollen van mijn lint. Omdat ik ook net dat!!!! ene lintje niet kon vinden.
Zo gauw het klaar is zal ik er ook een post aan besteden.
Heerlijk al dat lint en wat ziet het er mooi uit zo bij jou.
En wat lekker veel, kun jij ook geen lint laten liggen ???
Groetjes en een fijne dag nog.
Marja

The Bear's Blog said...

What a fantastic idea. I know what I will be doing this evening.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs

Kays Kids said...

You are not the only one who collects lace and ribbons. Well done with your organizing. It would take me a week I'm sure. Perhaps during the holidays.
Hugs

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay meis,

Tjeetje wat een werk...en wat geweldig als je alles zo hebt gesorteerd!
Dat scheelt een hoop zoekwerk...heerlijk opgeruimd zo..
en wat heb je veel hahahaaha..
Maar van lintjes en kantjes hebben we nooit genoeg hé meis?

Wil je een heerlijk week-end wensen..
Marijkexxx

martina staniek said...

O_O
now THAT i call a huge collection
and i thought i am a collector of everything.
but the idea is great, i will do it with my (few) ribbons too !

So said...

YES !
YOU MUST COME AT HOME and help me !!!!(I am overwhelmed with ribbons and fabrics ...)
I wish you a good day!
So

Людмила Боднарь said...

You have enough lace for 1000 years ahead!

Bearly Sane said...

I can see from everyone's comment that we are not on our own in this dilema Thea. LOL!!

One of these days I will show you mine ... not only do I have all the lace, I have bolts of tulle too!