18 November 2011

Flea market Stuffiezzzzzz (part 2)


A while ago I visited a big flea market in my neighbourhood.
Flea markets always make me nuts...YEAH ... :o)
I always hope to find a bargain which seems to be worth a lot....so far....no luck...snif snif...
but the stuffiezzz that I find can also be real treasures.
So when my eyes fell on this puzzle.....

.....my heart created a dance of joy!!!
I couldn't believe it...so no matter what at any cost, I had to buy it. 
I was hoping that the price was not too high. And fortunately it was not: only 3 EURO'S!!!
Now why was I so happy with this puzzle:
IT'S A CHILDHOOD MEMORY
When I was at kindergarten I played with a similar puzzle. I remembered it at once when I saw it.
I was in 7th heaven, to me this was a dream come true and it brought me back to those happy days of beeing a little child that could play endlessly.
I'm looking at it each day, cause it is in my studio on a special "TREASURE"- shelf. 

... and here are the other stuffiezzzzz  that I found ...

The abacus is also awesome....
I wonder who's been playing with it.
It was also a bargain, I've seen them for much higher prices
I also love the letterbox. 
I want to change the letters a little bit: color them or distress them...don't know yet.
The little suitcase is also a childhood memory. I had a red one, but it's lost somewhere in the past. The seller told me it was from her daughter who is my age.
So I turned home with these little treasures and they made me a very happy Thea :o)

7 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Thea,

Wow, what a great puzzle. I would say you found a true treasure and one that brings wonderful memories back of your childhood.

Thank you for visiting, I love when you drop by. (o:

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence

Leny said...

Lovely Thea,you are so lucky!!!

Hugs,Leny

Kays Kids said...

What a great find. That shoe puzzle looks old and valuable. Well it would be valuable to me!!!!

maddyrose said...

Hi Thea,
As you can see I'm a new follower and wanted to introduce myself. I noticed you know a few of my friends. Since I value their taste and judgement I've decided to tag along. I think I'm going to like it here. Hugs, Maddyrose

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay lieve meis,

Wat een schattige spulletjes heb je gekocht zeg.
Die houten puzzel is zo gaaf!

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Ohhh...Thea ik drukte per ongeluk het berichtje al weg...en nu weet ik niet of ik groetjes heb gedaan..zo stom!
Maar ik deed twee dingen tegelijk..
Als ik mijn naam er niet onder heb gezet, wil jij dat dan misschien even doen?

Dag lieve meis, fijne avond,
Marijke

Ellen Borggreve said...

Oh, we do seem to have the same taste in old toys. We'd better not visit the same flea markets or we'll be seriously in each other's way :)
Hugs, Ellen